The abuse of sick leave can be due to a large number of causes. These may be social problems, work environment related and possibly work conflict. The policies and procedures at an employer are seldom geared towards detecting these causes and the much needed corrective action is seldom initiated. This is due to the fragmented nature with which employers deal with absenteeism and health-care related issues. In most instances the factors affecting sick absenteeism are the responsibility of a number of different areas of the business such as HR and employee benefits, occupational health and safety, finance and also operational line-management.
CAM Solutions has provided all its affiliates with a risk assessment process which evaluates all the areas which may have an impact on sick absenteeism. These include:
- Sick leave policy
- Disciplinary policies
- Time and attendance procedures
- Absence monitoring and reporting
- Disability and incapacity procedures and case management
- Occupational health and safety
- Employee assistance and wellness programmes
- Medical aid
- HIV / AIDS awareness and training
- Management style and staff
- Work and industry environment
- Economic environment
For more information in this regard, click here. Each affiliate will be able to provide you with greater detail and information with regards to how the integrate absenteeism management at each of their clients.
Request more information